Project Independence is happy to announce that we have been chosen as a charity partner for the Orange County Marathon for the 5th year in a row! This is not only our second biggest fundraiser of the year; but it is also an event that helps us increase awareness of our services within the community.
Thank you to all of our Supporters!
What a great time we had at the OC Marathon on April 30th! Here are the highlights:
- We had twice as many people run in either the 5k, half marathon, or full marathon in support of Project Independence this year.
- Over 60 volunteers came out to help pass out water & cheer runners on at the award-winning Water Station, Mile 23.
- Client and staff also,participated in the marathon and 5K this year raising support and awareness to the mission of Project Independence.
- We raised thousands in support but, more importantly, had fun! This money will be used to enhance the lives of people with developmental disabilities all over Orange County.
- Thank you Union Bank as our lead sponsor!