Our Seventh Annual Walk for Independence & Health Fair was held on September 24, 2016 at Tewinkle Park in Costa Mesa, CA. SAVE THE DATE! Next year’s Walk for Independence 2017 – A Celebration of Independence and Healthy Living will be held September 9, 2017.
2016 Walk for Independence
Wow! Another successful Walk for Independence has wrapped and was the best one ever. Team PI and all of our wonderful supporters deserve a round of applause for efforts that went above and beyond. Thank you to all who pitched in to make it another year of great celebration and success.
- With our sponsors, our donors, our registrants and our generous in-kind donors we broke the $30,000 mark
- 163 people registered
- Teams alone generated over $6,000 this year with John Correa breaking $1,800. Next year we will start Team Building early in the year so call with your prospects.
- Over 65 people generously stepped up to volunteer and make sure it was a success
- 15 Exhibitors registered including Randy Gastreich of Magic Castle wowing us all with magic from the Magic Castel and our Extra Mile Award recipient, Home Depot, staged a wonderful workshop with mascot present
- A bounty of prizes from our business community including Angels Baseball, Disneyland, Ralphs, Surfside, and so many more.
- Delicious produce selections from Tanaka Farms, Smith Farms and Penjoyan Produce
- More laps walked than any other year much to the credit of our amazing and motivational volunteers including The Cornerstone Church, Cal State Fullerton, Kiwanis and Paul Mitchell School of Costa Mesa